Down to Earth is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Job title: Finance Manager
Hours per week: 20
Salary: £26,000 to £28,000 (FTE), pro rata to 20 hours, plus pension
Responsible to: Director
As Down to Earth continues to grow both in its positive impact on communities and scale of operation, we are looking for a talented and committed Finance Manager to support our vision. With our combined turnover projected to substantially exceed £1 million for the first time this financial year, the Finance Manager will be responsible for the creation and running of diverse financial and accounting systems for our two, award winning social enterprises: Down to Earth Project and Down to Earth Construction.
Contract duration: Initially a 3 year contract. We are confident of offering a much longer career opportunity to the right person as we continue to grow and scale our approach across Wales.
Working hours and location: The 20 hours for this position can either be over 3 days a week, or spread over 5 days (our normal full time working hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm). The position will be mainly based at our Murton (SA3 3AP) and also our Cilibion site (SA3 1ED). Due to the relatively remote location and multiple venues, you’ll need to have access to a vehicle for the role.
Salary range: dependent on experience and qualifications
Roles and responsibilities
The following applies across both Down to Earth Project and Down to Earth Construction:
• Daily invoicing, purchasing, credit control, bank reconciliation
• Using Xero to produce monthly management accounts
• Detailed budget spreadsheet maintenance for multiple projects and associated financial tasks
• HR related financial tasks including payroll and annual leave
• Procurement of project equipment/materials
• Detailed Profit & Loss and cash flow budget and forecasting in Excel
• Creation of financial documents for new funding applications and project proposals
• Preparation of monthly board pack with commentary and analysis
• Posting all journals including prepayments and accruals
• Management of Trial Balance, Balance sheet and all control accounts
• Preparation and submission for VAT, PAYE and CIS returns
• Responsible for all statutory requirements
The ideal person will be AAT/ACCA/CIMA qualified with experience within the construction industry and CIS administration. Candidates qualified by experience will be considered.
Submit CV with completed application form by clicking apply
Deadline for applications: 9am on Monday 21th August 2017.
Interview date: Monday 29th August 2017
Start date: ASAP