Junior Support Consultants
Job Title: Junior Support Consultant
Reporting to: Applications Support Manager
Location: Glastonbury, Somerset
Working Hours: 37.5 per week on a variable rota basis (including some nights)
Annual Leave: 33 days per year (pro rata) including 8 UK bank holidays
Car Allowance: No
Benefits Available: Pension / Bonus
WCBS is the leading supplier of MIS (Management Information Systems) to Independent and fee paying schools across the world. With our products installed in over 500 schools and in more than 30 countries, we have an extensive range of software products that assist in most of the day to day management aspects of these organisations.
Objectives of the role:
As an integral part of the Applications Support Team, our Support Consultants are responsible for providing advice and assistance to customers using our product suite.
They report to the Applications Support Manager and have close functional links with product and customer account managers plus the development and technical teams, to help ensure that customer satisfaction targets are met.
This role requires a high standard of personal organisation, the ability to collaborate as part of a team, plus a drive to deliver accurate and practical solutions to customers.
As a Support Consultant you will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to develop a rapport with customers.
You will be expected to quickly consolidate your learning experiences to gain a detailed understanding of product functionality.
You will be able to absorb and understand demanding customer scenarios and have a genuine desire to deliver feasible solutions to them.
It is essential that you are well organized, with an ability to progress multiple complex tasks concurrently.
You must also enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced and regularly evolving technical environment.
- Understanding product functionality and best practice.
- Delivering accurate and prompt advice to customers using products, so they can accomplish tasks effectively.
- Diagnosing, investigating and resolving customer product issues.
- Checking and documenting customer product issues for escalation to the development team when appropriate.
- Providing customers with timely feedback and practical solutions.
- Collaborating with other colleagues or teams to find customer solutions when appropriate.
- Following processes to ensure business and team objectives are met.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the company.
- Knowledge and interest in technology, particularly web browsers and reporting tools, plus Microsoft Windows and Office applications..
- Occasional Sunday support duties (working from home).
- Any other reasonable task/duty deemed necessary
Click to apply