Art and Design Technology Technician
Post: Art and Design Technology Technician
Contract type: 32.5 hours per week, Term Time Only plus two INSET days
Fixed term contract until 31 August 2018 in the first instance
Start date: 1 September 2017
Salary: Grade P SCP 14-16 £16,781 - £17,419 p.a. (pro rata)
Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 16th July
Interview Date: Tuesday 18th July
The Governing Body of St Mark's School, Bath is recruiting for a talented and enthusiastic Art and Design Technology Technician to join our supportive and friendly team. The post is offered on a fixed term contract until 31st August 2018 in the first instance although we anticipate that it will be extended beyond this.
The successful candidate will work flexibly within the School Support Team providing essential support to teachers and students across the subjects of Art, Design Technology and Food Technology.
Applicants must have a minimum of 3 GCSE passes at Grade C or above including Literacy and Numeracy, have experience of working in an Art and/or Design Technology environment, have the ability to prepare materials and classroom resources effectively and efficiently whilst also providing technical or creative support where needed.
Applications are invited from individuals who are currently either working as a Technician within a similar field or an exceptional and skilled candidate who is ready to take the next step in their career within a school environment and can demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a school setting or supporting young people;
- Experience of Art and/or Design Technology related work including the preparation of displays and materials;
- Ability to prepare practical workshop rooms before and after practical lessons;
- Ability to carry out, or arrange, for the maintenance or repair of equipment across the Art and Design facilities.
In return, the successful candidates can expect:
- Outstanding professional support;
- A vibrant and dynamic student body that deserves the very best in teaching and support;
- Free on-site parking;
- Childcare Voucher Scheme;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
If you would like to be a part of this ambitious school, and are a suitably qualified and highly motivated professional, we would like to hear from you. An application pack and further details are available by clicking apply
Applications should be posted or emailed to the Headteacher's PA, Mrs T Tigwell, at St Mark's School, Bay Tree Road, Larkhall, Bath, BA1 6ND by midnight on Sunday 16th July 2017. They may also be submitted by email to: email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required for all successful applicants.