Assistant Store Manager
New opportunity not to be missed! Toys R Us have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Store Manager to join our growing team based in Woking. We offer a competitive salary of £22,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience plus excellent benefits.
At Toys R Us we’re passionate about nurturing talent and as Managers have developed and taken on new opportunities, many at the helm of their own stores, we now have a number of fantastic opportunities for experienced retailers to join the fun!
What you’ll do as our Assistant Store Manager:
Following your 12 week store based training programme, you’ll be a hands on Assistant Store Manager with responsibility for:
- Supporting the Store Manager with the overall operation of your store
- Ensuring excellent standards of customer service at all times
- Maximising sales and profit by delivering efficient and effective management of all sales and operational areas
- Coaching, motivating, inspiring and developing the store team members to achieve personal and store objectives
- Ensuring stock loss, labour and manageable costs are controlled efficiently
- Effectively communicating at all levels
- Fun - we want to deliver joy to children of all ages and to do that, everyone needs to be involved!
Qualities you’ll have:
- Experience at Supervisor, Team Leader or Assistant Store Manager level
- A passion for customer service and going the extra mile
- A hands on style with a can do attitude and a desire to develop a career in retail
- An ability to demonstrate effective performance in problem solving, decision making, building relationships, developing self and staff, planning and organising
- Flexibility to work in other local stores for coverage and progression opportunities
- A sense of fun!
How we’ll reward you:
- A competitive salary from £22-25k depending on experience
- A benefits package including an annual performance related bonus, store discount of up to 20% and exclusive savings on brand name retailers
- Career progression in a true meritocracy
- Fun – dressing up, demonstrating products, character visits, Santa at Christmas, all in all it’s a pretty fun place to work!
Ready to join the fun? Then click the link to apply now for the Assistant Store Manager role!