Customer Service Advisor
A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers are now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the Customer Service Advisor role
Our Customer Service Advisors are the main point of contact between us, our clients as well as their customers regarding any issues or customer service queries. In order to provide the best customer service possible you will also work very closely with the rest of our customer services team, and liaise regularly within our operation.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
As our Customer Service Advisor you will provide essential customer service by delivering a quality experience to our customers. You will be focussed on delivering excellent customer service and will lead the effective resolution of all telephone queries.
You will do this by;
- Responding to calls from customers and clients regarding a range of queries
- Booking our clients deliveries in line with lead times, postcode matrix and survey requirements.
- Contacting customers and clients both internal and externally via phone and email to ensure their journey with us is a positive one.
- Recording and updating information accurately including delivery information to contribute to the reduction in delivery failures.
- Offering solutions to any issues that might arise during the customer journey making sure that our clients and their customers are always happy.
- Supporting customer satisfaction by recording all delivery information accurately and ensuring that we try to resolve all queries in the first call.
A few things about you
We are looking for a Customer Service Advisor who really cares about the service that we deliver to our customers. You need to be driven to achieve your KPI’s while still remaining customer focused, remembering that we always strive to make customers happy. You need to be smart enough to gather and record accurate information and then use this to find solutions to any customer queries and be bold enough to resolve issues independently.
Although a contact centre background is not essential you will need to have a clear understanding of customer service and have proven customer service skills.
As our Customer Service Advisor you will also have;
- Experience of communicating with a number of different departments via phone and email
- Experience of problem solving in a service setting
- Evidence of times when you have “gone the extra mile” for your customers
- The ability to listen to, and understand our customers
- Able to resolve queries independently and in a positive way so that our customers are always happy
- Understanding of logistics is preferred
- Comfortable using in-house database systems
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. It’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
For your chance to join our AO family and be part of our future as a Customer Service Advisor apply now!