Driver (HGV desirable) / Vehicle Valeter
You will be working for a dynamic, progressive and privately owned Ford Dealer in Bridgend, South Wales.
We have a full time position available in our Accident Repair Centre. This role include all aspects of both driving and cleaning.
The driving role includes the collection and delivery of customer’s cars and replacement vehicles with regards to accident repairs, normally within a 30 mile radius. Candidates must have excellent customer service and a positive disposition to deal with customer requirements and problem solve. Candidates must also have the ability to prioritise their own working day according to the demand of the business and work well without constant supervision.
A HGV qualified driver is desirable due to the recovery aspects of the business as we have our own recovery vehicle to recover un-drivable vehicles (this does not include emergency, roadside recoveries); but this is not essential at this time. There may be an opportunity to gain the required licenses and qualifications if desired, to meet the needs of the business.
The valeting role includes cleaning both customer vehicles and our own replacement vehicles. The successful candidate will ideally have valeting experience although ongoing training and support will be provided. This role will include the use of pressure washers, workshop tools and cleaning materials which requires a person who is conscious of safety procedures and have the ability to understand manufacturer instructions.
The successful candidate will also be required to clean the workshop and clean the spray booth oven.
Other ad hoc duties will be required including covering cleaning and driving for other departments within the business.
Uniform and PPE will be provided.
Candidates must be over the age of 21, for company motor insurance.
The successful candidate will:
- hold a full UK Driving Licence with no more than 6 points
- be a confident driver with at least 2 years’ experience
- act in a professional manner at all times
- be required to maintain a safe and productive work environment
- have a flexible approach to work and changing circumstances
- have the ability to communicate well with both
- have a positive attitude and excellent work ethic
- have knowledge of local area
- be able to work under pressure
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience in a similar driving / valeting role
- HGV Licence or a right to drive up to 7.5t (grandfather rights) and CPC qualification with knowledge of tachograph.
- Recovery experience
Working Hours: Monday – Friday: 08:30 – 17:00 (a degree of flexibility with hours is required to work overtime / weekends)
If you feel you have the relevant experience to undertake this new and challenging role please forward your CV to email@example.com