Head of Mechanical Compliance
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Mechanical Compliance to join our team in the Technical Compliance and Quality department. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, the ideal candidate will receive a competitive salary of £67,500-£74,227 per annum.
The new organisation will be a significantly larger, more diverse organisation, employing over 3,000 people and retaining the founding organisations commitment to investing in their learning and development, management training, talent development and core skills programmes.
The Technical Compliance & Quality team within the new organisation will be responsible for the safety, regulatory compliance and quality assurance of over 55k homes in London and the South East. Excellent data driven processes, risk management, policy adherence and high quality standards will be vital in this role to ensure we maintain regulatory compliance and drive quality standards within the service delivery teams.
The purpose of the Head of Mechanical Compliance role is to provide operational leadership for the Mechanical Compliance team within the Technical Compliance and Quality Directorate of Peabody, ensuring that the organisation meets its statutory requirements in relation to mechanical compliance.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Mechanical Compliance
- Provide specialist technical (gas and mechanical) advice to Peabody.
- Development and management of Peabody’s gas safety policy and procedures ensuring that they meet statutory, regulatory and Peabody’s health and safety requirements.
- Provision of design input into new developments with mechanical communal services and technical sign off of completed works.
- Management of the Peabody Gas Safety Case and contract management of the Emergency Service Provider.
- Development and management of servicing programmes for domestic gas installations to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and Peabody’s health and safety requirements.
- Ensuring that new mechanical installations and developments are handed over to the contractor(s) and the Service Delivery team and are included in servicing programmes.
- Quality Assurance process for all gas and mechanical servicing and certification.
- Close liaison with the Head of Technical Quality Assurance to ensure any remedial actions related to mechanical compliance are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Ad hoc investigations and reports into incidents and compliance events as required.
- Act as lead officer for any technical, systems or compliance audits carried out in relation to Mechanical Compliance.
- Act as lead officer in the management of Peabody’s Gas Safety Case (for bulk gas network)
- Participate in the Peabody out of hours on call rota.
Knowledge/experience/skills required by the Head of Mechanical Compliance
- Extensive management experience at a senior level, with experience of an electrical/mechanical client team at a senior level
- Experience in managing large Asset Management portfolios
- Experience in tracking and monitoring compliance and contractor performance
- Extensive report writing skills, writing reports up to Chief Executive level.
- Sound knowledge of legislative requirements surrounding asset compliance
- Experience in leading and developing policies to drive service improvement and value for money
Qualifications required by the Head of Mechanical Compliance
- Gas Safe Registered with all domestic ACS elements essential
- ACS accreditation for commercial boilers desirable
- City and Guilds training for legionella control desirable
Closing date & time: Sunday 25 June midnight
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Head of Mechanical Compliance please click ‘Apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCY INTEREST