Position: Engineering Planner
Location: Stalybridge, Greater Manchester
Salary: Up to £42,000 (DOE) + Bonus, Pension & Health Insurance
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:30 – 17:00
The Engineering Planner Role:
The main purpose of this Engineering Planner role is to provide comprehensive engineering planning and scheduling for all maintenance work with operations, and to coordinate the preparation of the weekly and daily schedules.
Key Responsibilities of the Engineering Planner:
- Ensure policies and procedures are in place, and adhered to for the control of engineering activities
- Ensure that plant services are available to meet production needs and are operated in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintains accurate record keeping of all maintenance activities. Ensure that all required documentation is completed for each work order
- Prepare and coordinate the annual shutdown work on each process unit in the areas of responsibility. This includes all planning, scheduling of internal and external resources, key materials and managing the shutdown plan
- Monitor daily job progress and communicate any problems / barriers with Engineering Supervision and Area Management
- Stores/materials management - maintain and add new engineering stores stock levels, linked to CMMS assets
- Develop new and update existing PM Masters, Bench Mark Work Orders, BOM’s. Review and modify these items as necessary to improve efficiencies and optimize resources
- Prepare the work packages for each work order utilizing CMMS. Develop a package that includes Safety and Permit requirements, work scope, defining individual work tasks, man-hour and material requirements, contractor and special equipment needs, etc
Skills & Experience Required:
- Qualified to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent
- Formal Engineering Qualification (Preferable)
- Previous experience in an engineering planning role
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- A broad understanding of chemical plants and processes
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
Our client produces and sells specialty and intermediate chemicals to other manufacturers for use in a variety of end products.
The Group has three reportable segments: Surfactants, Polymers and Specialty products. Surfactants are the key ingredients in consumer and industrial cleaning compounds. These products are used by manufacturers of detergents, shampoos, lotions, toothpastes and cosmetics who depend on surfactants to achieve the foaming and cleaning qualities required for the products. Other applications include lubricating ingredients and emulsifiers for agricultural products, plastics and composites.
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this Engineering Planner position, simply apply via the button shown.
Keywords: Engineering, Planner, Scheduler, Manager, HSE, Planning, Engineer, Stock, Stores, Materials, Handler, CMMS, Chemical, Production, Stalybridge, Manchester
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.