An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to be based at our Tamworth office, who is well experienced in new build and refurbishments from £500,000 up to £5 million.
We are a national contractor based in the Tamworth area, and are looking for an Estimator to join our team due to our controlled growth in the business. The role would be suited either to an experienced Intermediate Estimator or an Assistant Estimator looking to make the step up to Intermediate level.
- Analysis of tender documentation, to include drawings and technical documents to prepare estimates.
- Preparation of subcontract & suppliers' packages including take offs.
- Consulting with subcontractors and suppliers to discuss estimates and resolve issues and enquiries.
- Communicating with potential customers, colleagues and suppliers to arrange site visits.
- Travelling to job sites to gather information on materials needed, labour requirements, and other factors.
- Identifying and quantifying cost factors, such as production time and raw material, equipment, and labour expenses. Collaborating with engineers, architects, owners, and contractors on estimates.
- Analyse quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure pricing requirements are fulfilled.
- Recommending ways to make a product more cost effective or profitable
- Submission of tenders.
- Handing over successful projects to the construction team in a clear and concise manner.
Relevant Skills and Qualifications
- Proven background as an Estimator within the construction industry.
- Proven track record of successfully winning tenders as part of a team and have a strong and positive approach to their work.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work under pressure, be well organised and work to deadlines.
- Strong numerical skills
- Full driving licence.
Please forward your CV by clicking apply.
Due to the anticipated volume of applicants please be advised that your application has been unsuccessful if you have not received a response within 10 days.
Quantum Construction is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE