Are you an ambitious and strategically focused Manager who would love to be part of a brand with a unique history? If you have experience managing a volunteer-focused heritage organisation, and looking for a highly rewarding challenge, don’t miss this superb opportunity to join Talyllyn Railway.
Who will I be working with?
The historic Talyllyn Railway is the world’s first preserved railway and carries over forty thousand passengers a year through the idyllic Mid-Wales countryside. In addition to the one hundred and fifty one year old railway, the attraction boasts a café and tea room, gift shop and museum, and hosts a variety of special events throughout the year with the friendly, passionate and dedicated team of employees and 400 volunteers providing an unforgettable experience for visitors.
So, what will the role of General Manager entail?
Reporting to the company board, as the General Manager you’ll be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the organisation, and implementing strategies, policies and company objectives which will ensure financial sustainability and help drive the railway forward. Your duties and responsibilities will include although not be limited to:
- Leading, managing and motivating the passionate team of 17 employees and over 400 volunteers
- Managing the assets and activities of Talyllyn Railway
- Developing commercial, marketing and external funding opportunities
- Ensuring Talyllyn Railway provides an excellent visitor experience
- Taking executive responsibility for Health and Safety
What will I need to be considered for this General Manager vacancy?
- Proven management experience within a similar volunteer-focused heritage organisation
- Strong strategic experience with the ability to demonstrate strong commercial results through effective business management
- High level of commercial awareness
- Ability to manage change whilst protecting and preserving Talyllyn Railway’s exceptional character and charm
- Superb organisational skills with ability to motivate colleagues
- Highly motivated with an enthusiastic approach to work
A background in the railway industry would be desirable, however not essential.
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be joining a passionate and dedicated team, where you’ll play a key part in Talyllyn Railway's on-going success.
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Enhanced Benefits: 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays, free onsite parking and discounts on national rail travel
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 38 hours per week, 5 days out of 7. Working days are flexible.
Location: Tywyn (Gwynedd, North Wales)
This General Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Talyllyn Railway. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Talyllyn Railway, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Talyllyn Railway requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.