Our client was established in the early 1980’s and originally sold DIY comfort shoe kits. Since then our client has expanded into a multi-channel retail company selling specialist footwear, socks, hosiery and foot comfort products. Sales channels include mail order, wholesale, internet and retail shops.
Due to the constant expansion of the company, our client is now looking for and enthusiastic individual to come on board as their new Graphic Designer at their location in Street, SomersetWhat is the main purpose of the role?
To create exceptional quality graphical art work for the Foot Shop Ltd marketing department and bring strong creative flair to the business.What are the main responsibilities?
- To produce artwork and creative for catalogues, brochures, advertisements, point of sale materials, posters, envelopes, packaging, mailing templates, e-mails and web pages.
- To be able to work to deadlines
- To liaise with outside design agencies as and when necessary.
- To be responsible for ensuring creative deadlines are met.
- To seek feedback on design work to assist with identifying improvements.
- To be able to work to a detailed brief within the brand guidelines
- To provide graphic/creative assistance to the e-commerce/marketing team.
- To bring new ideas and concepts to the team for consideration.
- To actively seek continual professional development opportunities.
- To provide additional support to other teams as required.
- To assist in the in-house photographic studio when needed.
All the above duties vary depending on the amount of work on the particular day but you are expected to perform consistently during both quiet and busy periods and to manage your time effectively. Your duties may change over time as requirements and circumstances change.Who do you liaise with?
- You liaise with other members of the marketing and e-commerce team.
- Externally you will liaise with agencies, suppliers and wholesale customers.
- You report to Head of Marketing and work closely and collaboratively with the Senior Graphic Designer within the team.
- Internal training on all aspects related to the role.
- On-going support and assistance until you are fully confident in the role.
Your normal hours of work will be 37½ hours per week worked Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am and 5.00pm as agreed in advanced with your line manager. Due to the nature of the role a flexible approach to your hours will be expected, working outside normal office hours if required.
Salary: Circa £20,000 per annum (Dependent on Experience)
Subject to 3 month probation period.Person Specification Attainments/Skills/Experiences Essential
- A formal qualification in Graphic Design or a related subject.
- Experience and qualification in Adobe Creative Suite – Including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Fireworks.
- A confident person with excellent communication skills.
- Minimum GCSE Grade B or equivalent experience in English and Maths.
- A good level of IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiar with searching and downloading from the internet.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Team Player.
- Flexible, willingness to adapt to varying workloads and work types.
- Honest and trustworthy as will have contact with sensitive information.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, just click the APPLY button below to send in your CV.