Electrical Maintenance Technician
Electrical Maintenance Technician
Are you an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician who would thrive in a unique heavy engineering environment within a prestigious manufacturing business? If you have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, and have knowledge of mechanical systems maintenance, then don’t miss this superb opportunity!
Who will I be working with?
Calder Industrial Materials is a highly reputable manufacturing company with headquarters based in Chester, with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. Calder is one of the UK’s leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders’ merchants nationwide. In addition, Calder are also the UK’s leading specialist in lead engineering. The company designs, manufactures and installs radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical and other markets.
As an Electrical Maintenance Technician what will the role entail?
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, as an Electrical Maintenance Technician you’ll be responsible for the maintenance and fault diagnostics of manufacturing equipment and associated plant to ensure the company’s production effectiveness. Duties will include:
- Working on planned improvements to plan, equipment and new projects
- Maintaining electrical and mechanical equipment to a high standard
- Fault finding and efficient rectification of electrical and mechanical systems involving PLC control
- Responding to breakdowns
- Working on planned preventative maintenance and improvements to plant and equipment
- Completing and controlling all necessary documentation around engineering activities
- Assisting with driving continuous improvement and lean activities
- Completing light to medium mechanical fitting work as and when required
What will I need to be considered for this Electrical Maintenance Technician role?
- Proven experience within a similar Technician role
- City & Guilds/ONC in Electrical Engineering
- Completed 17th Edition Training
- Ability to read electrical / engineering drawings
- Excellent fault finding skills for electrical / mechanical systems
- Good working knowledge of PLC’s, relay logic and hard wired systems, HMI bus systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, variable speed drives (AC/DC)
- Ability to maintain machinery, plant and equipment and
- Ability to undertake electrical installations to latest regulations
- Understanding of control techniques PLC / Drives / Comms
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Confident and professional, with a ‘can do’ attitude and flexibility towards tasks
- Ability to communicate well with other team members
HND / HNC in Electrical Engineering would be advantageous, although not essential.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: Circa £34,000, level dependent on current experience and qualifications
Additional Benefits: Contributory pension scheme following successful probation period, cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, and free car parking
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, working Monday to Friday on a 12 hour rotational day / night shift.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester (Cheshire)
This Electrical Maintenance Technician vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Calder Industrial Materials. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Calder Industrial Materials, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Calder Industrial Materials requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.