Sales Manager - Private Medical Insurance
Sales Manager / Business Development Manager / Private Medical Insurance
Sales Manager needed for our client, a Financial Services company to be based in their Chester Offices due to their fast growth plans. Formed in 2012, the company was set up with the firm belief that every family deserves access to great advice to help to make the right financial decisions for your circumstances easier. In 2017, they set up the first UK satellite PMI sales team.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for the results, service, profitability, culture and sustainable growth of their in-house Private Medical Insurance team. You will have a passion for developing high performing sales teams, inspiring action and will thrive on over achieving targets.
Reporting to the Managing Director and being supported by the Sales Director, you will be leading the customer facing sales team (currently 6 colleagues with the intention to grow to 20+) and internal trainers (currently 2 x part-time) to continually achieve optimal KPIs, including sales volume, premium amount, appropriate compliance to FCA and other regulations while growing a winning customer first culture.
The working environment is busy and pressured, as you would expect of a contact centre. They are currently a small team and everyone's contribution is incredibly valuable. You will be expected to lead by example, calling on and demonstrating your own successful sales experiences to inspire your team to go the extra mile for our customers and colleagues.
- Sales strategy and development and planning
- Sales process management
- Resource deployment
- Coaching and leadership
- Sales compensation design and implementation
- Recruiting and hiring
Skills and experience
- Successful personal sales record within a competitive market
- Credible and respected leader with a reputation for developing high performing teams
- Previous experience of developing and leading a positive and winning culture
- Track record of sustainably and significantly scaling a business line and team
- Able to deliver at pace
- Excellent communication, empathy and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain effective
- Analytical and able to identify opportunities using statistics to optimise performance
- Driven to over-achieve targets
- Ability to identify opportunities and make recommendations for improvement
Desirable but not essential:
- Familiarity with PMI product line
- Experience working in an FCA regulated environment
Hours: Their opening hours are 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday with growth plans for a weekend service. You will be contracted to work a 40-hour week, working various shifts during this time according to the business needs.
Salary: Competitive, plus bonus
- Bonus Scheme
- Pilates Classes
- Team Incentives
- Open relaxation space with pool table and games console
- Bright open plan contact centre environment
- 20 days holidays (rising with length of service)
Successful applicants will be invited for an initial telephone interview. Candidates will then be selected for a face to face interview with the leadership team and Directors.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration.