Arriva Transport Solutions Limited (ATSL) are looking to recruit 4 Dispatchers to join the team at our Control centre in Central Bristol. Working on a full time, permanent basis, the successful Dispatcher will receive a competitive salary of £8.50ph.
Arriva Transport Solutions Limited (ATSL), part of Arriva’s UK Bus Division, is an exciting and specialist business that is making fast progress in establishing Arriva within new markets across the UK. Already, ATSL has quickly established itself as one of the UK’s largest providers of Non-Emergency Patient Transport Services (NEPTS) and operates contracts throughout the UK with some 480 vehicles, 900 staff and around 1.5 million patient journeys a year.
Our control room provides the Health Community with a centralised ambulance control centre operation that receives and processes requests for NEPTS journeys for the entire region. Requests for transport are made from patients and healthcare professionals directly to this control room and pass through eligibility criteria, before being registered on our booking system. Those approved journey requests are then planned into itineraries for our ambulance care assistants across the region who undertake the journeys.
The Dispatcher role:
To provide an efficient and effective Patient Transport Service by planning, coordinating and controlling staff and vehicle resources in the most cost effective and efficient way to ensure a professional transport service meeting contractual requirements.
Main responsibilities as our Dispatcher:
- Actively plans and controls patient journeys by allocating booked patient to vehicles for transportation to hospital appointments using the Cleric Computer System. This is achieved by correctly allocating the patient to the suitable vehicle for each patient’s mobility, taking into account appointment and journey time, and service level agreement and contractual requirements.
- To liaise with control and operational managers to resolve any vehicle resource deficiencies to meet service and contractual demands
- To relay information to driving crews to enable them to transport patients with different abilities/ mobility’s to clinical and non-clinical appointments with dignity and care and aided when required
- To constantly review patient journeys and re-allocate staff and vehicle resources by utilising vehicle tracking systems to meet contractual requirements
- To have a working knowledge of all tracking systems and patient transport information to ensure the provision of effective and efficient transport service
- To use the phonetic alphabet to ensure accuracy of communication
- To liaise with operational management in regards to patient risk assessment requirements
- Ability to use good judgement when dealing with pressured situations
- Logical thinker able to identify priorities and undertake numerous tasks simultaneously
- Excellent map reading skills and good knowledge of geography
- Resolves Planning difficulties and discusses such difficulties with originators of requests
- Complete tasks as instructed by management to ensure continuity of service
- Display a high level of Customer Care when dealing with hospitals, patients and relatives and maintain confidentiality of patient data
Our ideal Dispatcher:
- Have ability to both receive and input information with a high degree of accuracy
- Logical Thinker
- To be able to meet tight timescales
- To be able to demonstrate a professional approach
- Negotiating skills
- Good communications skills and excellent telephone manner
- Good computer skills
- Good organisation skills
- Target focused
- MIS patient transport system
- First Aid, Manual Handling
- Knowledge of areas covered
Our Bristol control room functions 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, and applicants must be prepared to work a rotating shift pattern that will include working early mornings, evenings, weekends and nights.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a Dispatcher then please click “Apply” today!