Elior UK is an award-winning contract caterer, providing catering to restaurants, business and industry, care homes and many more. We are looking for a Café Manager to join our team based At-Bristol Science Centre working 40 hours per week (5 out of 7 days). The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary.
The Café Manager role offers you the opportunity to demonstrate your personal flair and ambition within this exciting venue. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful applicant shall be responsible for the smooth running of the busy 100-seater onsite café. You will need to be ambitious and have the personal presence and personality to positively influence the day to day running of the business. You will also need to maximise the performance of your team, by leading by example and setting high standards.
Our Café Manager duties and key responsibilities include:
- Proactive management of team. Responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and developing team in order to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, customers and clients.
- Responsible for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to ensure operational excellence.
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior eXperience are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the service champion as appropriate.
- Responsible for maintaining, ordering and controlling stocks within budget.
- Responsible for design of service/event (Inc. Menu planning) within specified budgets ensuring high standards of food and beverage presentation and portion control/quality.
- Responsible for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Ensuring operation activities meet requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal requirements, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and employees.
To become our Café Manager, you will have the below skills and experience:
- A passion for service: Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills.
- A performance driven leadership approach: Creates a culture of results within a high pressure environment through inspirational leadership.
- Taking the initiative: Takes responsibility, is committed to achieving growth by creating a culture of innovation, adaptability and challenging the norm.
- Respecting commitments: Able to effectively listen, establishing trust and ensuring contractual compliance through exemplary leadership.
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole eXperience matters as Café Manager for Elior we look for:
- Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
- Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Café Manager then please click ‘Apply’ today!