Head Chef - Salary up to £32k
Elior UK is an award-winning contract caterer, providing catering to restaurants, business and industry, care homes and many more. We are looking for an inspiring Head Chef with great kitchen management skills to lead a team of 3 in this 7 day operation based at Bristol Science Centre. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary.
Our visitor café provides a range of soup, salads, sandwiches, seasonal specials and cakes. We also have a busy hospitality department and are regularly catering for conferences and dinners for up to 300 people. You will need excellent organisational skills to manage both sides of the business and a genuine passion for presenting eye-catching freshly prepared food. You will enjoy creating bespoke menus and working within the peaks and troughs of a seasonal business at this unique venue. An in-depth knowledge of Food Safety and Health & Safety is a prerequisite
As our Head Chef you will be responsible for ensuring sustained growth of turnover and net operating profits by effectively managing the kitchen and the delivery of culinary excellence. Responsible for providing day to day culinary advice, innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
Our Head Chef duties and key responsibilities include:
- Proactive management of kitchen team. Responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, the customer and client.
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior experience are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the Service Champion as appropriate.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- Responsible for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environment policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
Working hours for this Head Chef position will be 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7 (occasional evenings for private events).
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Head Chef then please click ‘Apply’ today!