THE ARK BUS PROJECT
Faith in Motion, Re-inventing Church
The Bristol and South Gloucestershire Methodist Circuit are seeking a part time community worker to join the ARK Bus Team.
The Ark Bus Project is an exciting and innovative Fresh Expressions project that provides an inspiring way of promoting and sharing God’s love in a visible and practical way. The project runs out of two converted VW vans and supports both local Methodist Churches and community events across Bristol.
· The person we’re seeking to undertake this challenging work will be a committed Christian, able to share faith sensitively across all age groups.
· Be passionate about pioneering work outside the norms of traditional church to developing existing outreach projects as well as creating new mission opportunities.
· Be self-motivated, flexible and adaptable, able to set and work to goals without direct supervision, able to lead and to follow.
· Be an able communicator with people.
· The nature of the role will require work on most Saturdays and some Sundays, as well as weekdays and the occasional evening, representing 30 hours per week.
· Annual Salary on application.
· It is a genuine occupational requirement that post holders are Christians.
· A driving licence and DBS check will be required.
· Closing date for application 21st April 2017
Please request an application pack by contacting:
Rev David Alderman, Superintendent Minister: Circuit Office Horfield Methodist Church, Churchways Ave, Bristol, BS7 8SN, or by email: email@example.com – Quoting Ark Team