Diagnostic Vehicle Technician, Porsche Centre West London
Porsche Retail Group Ltd is seeking a Diagnostic Vehicle Technician for their prestigious West London car dealership - giving the successful candidate the opportunity to work directly for one of world’s most iconic brands.
The Role of Diagnostic Vehicle Technician
You will be reporting to the Workshop Controller and be responsible for carrying out maintenance and repair of vehicles in line with Porsche repair process, meeting customer expectations, whilst ensuring commercial and operational requirements are considered at all times.
Core Specific Responsibilities as Diagnostic Vehicle Technician
- Review the customer’s requirements provided by the Service Advisors/Executives, ensuring sufficient information is provided to complete the repair
- Ascertain parts required to resolve the customer issue and order as required
- Ascertain labour operation times for the workshop repair, to support the Service Advisor/Executive in providing an estimate to the customer
- Carry out the repair in accordance with the workshop manual
- Write up job cards in a clear and concise manner
- Provide evidence of any ‘actual time’ used and ensure it is contained within the write up.
- Provide the necessary supporting documents to support any repair
- Carry out a Vehicle Analysis Log (VAL) on every vehicle
- Liaise with all relevant staff to achieve efficiency in both time and material usage
- To record and clock all time spent as per the warranty process
- Conduct road tests and be responsible for personal quality control
- Be aware of and adhere to the Health & Safety aspects of the working environment
- Keep technical and job knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications etc.
Core Accountabilities as Diagnostic Vehicle Technician
- To understand and assist in the delivery of Business Strategy and Objectives
- Deliver an agreed level of service KPI’s to include productivity, efficiency and utilisation to the Internal and External Customer, Business Partners and External Suppliers
- Take ownership for personal development needs in anticipation of Business requirements
- Contribute fully within the team, ensuring the right environment is maintained
- Ensure the appropriate level of management control and system exploitation is applied to all relevant systems and company assets
- Completion of Porsche Bronze Qualification within 1 year of start date
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
For the position of Diagnostic Vehicle Technician there is a fantastic package on offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Private Medical
- Option of a VW Vehicle at preferential rates
- DC Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff preferential rates
How to Apply
Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart is the retained consultancy for the Porsche Retail Group Ltd. Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, we may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Diagnostic, technician, mechanic, maintenance, repair, cars, workshop,