Beauty Counter Manager - UK
Our client is a global luxury beauty business.They are launching an exciting cosmetic brand in the UK and Ireland in February 2017.
They are recruiting nationally for experienced Counter Managers (locations TBC) - the jobs will be based in one of the UK's leading lifestyle stores in the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity for self motivated individuals so if you fit the bill - apply asap!
As Counter Manager reporting directly to the Area Sales Manager your role will be customer services, delivering sales targets and day to day management of your team.
The role includes selling and communication skills, product knowledge and confident and professional makeup application of the brand.
- Retail sales experience required
- Make-up artist experience
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced challenging environment ‘stepping out’ beyond the counter to meet and attract new customers
- Present a professional appearance and maintain the brand's grooming standards and dress code
- Must be fully flexible and be available to work regular evenings, weekends and overtime
- Goal oriented with a successful sales record
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be competent and confident with the application of make up
- Be approachable and able to develop relationships effectively
- Experience of working on a newly launched brand
- Experience of managing a retail team
- Experience of working within a Department Store location
Customer Service & Sales
- Provide welcoming, personal, professional service to all customers at all times
- Perform excellent makeup application at all times to help the customer achieve the look she desires
- Meet your individual responsibility for your contribution to the team's goals in terms of service, sales and company objectives
- Promote the brand message to new and existing customers at all times
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, understand the customers’ needs, ask questions, investigate preferences and make the experience interactive
- Inform customers of available brand services, programmes and philosophies
- Obtain information for customer database
Managing a Team
- Plan staff rotas to maximise sales effectiveness
- Provide effective communication to your team of company information and counter focus
- Coach and motivate the Makeup Artists to deliver on their sales goals
- Lead by example, coach and develop the team
- Be responsible for the sales figures and reporting for the counter to the business and the department
Maintaining Work Environment
- Actively participate in cleaning display units, tools and testers throughout the day, and more thoroughly at night to prepare for next day's business
- Maintain tester units in good order based on Visual Merchandising guidelines, replace products once authorised by the manager
- Replace any broken or damaged products as authorised by the Manager
- Maintain proper placement and condition of merchandise on counter, in stock rooms and all stock holding areas
- Inform management of any store maintenance or Health and Safety issues which might lead to accidents
- Give great internal customer service and develop good working relationships with colleagues and store management
- Actively participate in store theme days, events and new product launches
- Actively participate in company training sessions and partnered store mandatory training session
- Assist with inventory counts
- Be responsible for booking appointments and makeup lessons and keeping in touch with your customers
- Adhere to proper security procedures regarding handling of cash and assets
- Assist daily in stock and hygiene supplies replenishment and maintain appropriate levels throughout the day
- Communicate low on stock and out of stocks to the Manager
- Assist in the proper rotation of stock
Please apply with full CV stating experience and qualifications. Short listed applicants will be notified for interview.