Spa / Beauty Therapist - Manchester
We are recruiting for an experienced Spa Therapist (working 32 hours per week) to join the busy team at The Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa. This is a fantastic work environment offering ongoing career development and in-house training and immediate start for successful candidates.
Set in the heart of Cottonopolis, you will be working for Manchester's largest four-star hotel. Our sumptuous spa and gym offers a range of luxurious treatment rooms, delivering a relaxing range of high-end Elemis treatments for ladies & gents.
Reporting to the Spa Manager our therapists complete a range of treatments including massage, facials, nail treatments and manicures.
Spa Therapist Role
The Spa Therapist is responsible for ensuring that we offer a warm and professional welcome and that we deliver the highest level of service through our Company core standards. You will offer a range of professional therapies and treatments and draw on previous guest facing experience to achieve service and revenue targets. The Spa Therapist will be a confident and effective communicator, who can demonstrate their ability to converse with a wide variety of guests and colleagues at all levels.
Spa Therapists Duties will include
- Preparation of Spa Therapy rooms and relaxation areas before and after each treatments
- Effective reservation
- Treatment and retail enquiry handling
- Giving, receiving and handover of information
- Accurate billing and posting of revenue
- Maintaining a sparkling and relaxing environment at all times
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve budgeted spa treatment & retail sales.
- To control costs, expenses and payroll in line with budget.
- To achieve the company occupancy target
- To achieve the company yield per treatment room target.
- To achieve the company retail conversion target
Essential Qualifications and Key Skills
•NVQ level 3 in Beauty or equivalent
•Welcoming and professional approach to guests.
•Passion for exceeding guest expectation, first time, on time, every time
•Immaculate presentation standards in all that you do.
•Experience in similar role and luxury environment.
•Excellent communication skills with high standards of literacy, numeracy and office based computer systems.
•Good working knowledge of a spa reservation system is preferred, however full training will be given.
Experience of Elemis skin care range an advantage – however full training will be given
Benefits to you
- An opportunity to gain exposure to your career profile from working within our team
- Excellent training and development opportunities through the various Macdonald Training Programmes
- Discounted overnight accommodation rates at all Macdonald Hotels & Resorts for you, your family and your friends.
- The opportunity to be part of our Pride Pack and be the voice behind our business.
- 25% of all Elemis Spa Products & Treatments.
- Complimentary Gym Membership
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Annual staff social events, plus many more
As this is a seven day per week operation, a degree of flexibility is required and may include some evening and weekend shifts.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Please note this is not a live in opportunity.