Cook (Part Time)
We currently have an opportunity for a Part Time Cook to join our team at Arthur's Court Care Home based in Street, Somerset. This position is part time working 25 hours per week, with the successful applicant being able to work weekends and holidays.
Arthur's Court provides nursing, palliative and residential care for older people in a homely atmosphere. The dignity, independence, personal choices and wishes of residents are our number one priority. We mainly support people over 65, but we can support up to four adults with physical disabilities.
- Provided nutritious, varied and well-balanced meals that are safely and hygienically prepared and served
- Ensure menus are prepared in conjunction with the resident's likes and dislikes
- Comply with company standards, policies and procedures
- Wash, dry and store all kitchen items to achieve compliance with company standards, policies and procedures
- Ensure handling of all chemicals and products are attained to RIDDOR standards and all health and safety matters are fully complied with
- Minimise the risk of accidents and waste by effective working under supervision and ensuring all areas are hazard free and clean at all times
- Complete all necessary documentation and administration to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Delegate appropriate work to the kitchen Assistants as required and monitor that this has been carried out to a satisfactory level
- Ensure that you work in a safe environment in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure that all COSHH records are maintained and updated when necessary
- Fully aware and comply with infection control policies and procedures and appropriate hand hygiene technique
- Salary ??8.00 per hour
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays*
- Competitive hourly rate
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Child Care Vouchers
- Free parking
- Cost of DBS / PVG Check
- Uniform provided
- Previous experience of catering
- Basic food hygiene certificate
- COSHH Training and understanding of HACCP
- Costing skills/budgeting experience
- Experience of supervising /leading the Kitchen Assistant
These positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.