Jon Thorner’s Ltd started in 1976, with one simple idea; offer good food, locally sourced.
We started off with one farm shop and have since grown with a franchise of butchery counters and are now supplying catering orders to customers throughout the West Country with locally sourced fresh meat, cooked meats and handmade foods.
We now have a vacancy for a Cleaner/Tray Washer to work full time in our expanding and busy production area at our head office in Pylle, Shepton Mallet, Somerset.
The hours of work will be 08.00HRS to 16.00HRS, Monday to Friday.
You will be expected to:
- Clean the production areas to a high standard following hygiene standards.
- Clean machinery and equipment following hygiene standards.
- Wash trays following company procedures.
- Take a high level of individual responsibility regarding all health and safety regulations and systems, maintaining a high level of safety, hygiene and housekeeping.
- Wear the correct clothing, maintain a clean working environment and maintain equipment as required.
You must have a reasonable level of fitness as the job is “on its feet all day” and be able to work as part of a flexible team and under pressure at busy times. You must have basic English and maths skills in order to complete record sheets and paperwork. You must be trustworthy and honest with a “can do” attitude, using your initiative when required.