.Net/C# Support Analyst Programmer
Job Title: .NET/C# Support Analyst Programmer
Salary: GBP35,000 - GBP45,000 + bonus + benefits
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,179 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of GBP101 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for an experienced .NET/C# Analyst Programmer to join our development team based in Edinburgh. This is a key role within a motivated and energetic development team, working with the latest Microsoft .NET technologies. The role would suit a driven individual with a passion for software development and software support and a proven track record of delivering and supporting enterprise scale software applications.
Main duties will include
- Development of production strength software, adhering to divisional development standards.
- Support and maintenance of key software applications providing fixes and modifications to existing software applications
- Working closely with test analysts to ensure software is robustly tested
- Sharing technical knowledge and experience with less experienced developers
- Production of relevant documentation in accordance with RL development standards
Applicants must be able to demonstrate
- Proven experience developing and supporting enterprise scale ASP.NET C# software applications
- Experience of the following tools and technologies are essential:
- Microsoft .NET
- Microsoft C#
- SQL Server
- Sound knowledge of system development techniques and industry best practices
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to discuss technical coding patterns and issues with other developers to find the optimal solution within an agreed technical framework
- Ability to share technical experience and knowledge with other developers
- Ability to work using different development methodologies and tools:
- Agile (preferably SCRUM)
- Visual Studio
- Team Foundation Server
- TDD & Continuous Integration
- A flexible 'can do' attitude
- Ability to cope with high-levels of pressure, involving high profile projects
- Ability to quickly foster strong working relationships with colleagues and internal business stakeholders
- Experience with AngularJS (desirable but not essential)
- Experience with Web API (desirable but not essential)
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to join Royal London, please send your CV and a covering letter/e-mail to (see below) in the first instance.