Category Manager (Soft Services) x2
We are recruiting two Category Managers with soft service experience (cleaning, waste, laundry, PPE, agency labour etc.) to drive efficiency and commercial competitiveness in the UK & Ireland.
Working closely with key internal stake holders and a wide range of external suppliers, you will manage the assigned categories, increase international coverage of the managed area and work with global supply management teams. You will be responsible for identifying business strategy within your appointed categories and negotiating best prices and services for the business.
- Lead a sourcing strategy across the UK & Ireland covering both technical and quality performance for the service lines.
- Design and implement category strategies which significantly improve the commercial performance at regional level whilst maintaining compliance to company policy and standards and mitigating all risk.
- Engage with global buying teams in active collaboration for developing categories globally
- Build a strong network within the supply management both at a regional and local level
- Work with key stakeholders within supply management teams in the UK (deployment and SRM teams)
- Be able to take into account the differences between the UK and ROI geographical requirements and business needs when developing the sourcing strategy
- Design and implement adequate strategies to achieve high performance meanwhile ensuring continuity and risk mitigation
- Ensure the relevant due diligence and buying process is adopted across all categories within remit.
- Experience in Buying/Category Management
- Experience in both goods and services procurement within soft services sub categories eg Waste, Cleaning, PPE, Work wear, Laundry, Agency Labour.
- Proven-track records in contract negotiation
- Graduate calibre and working towards CIPS/ISM or equivalent qualification
- Team player with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Financial acumen and result orientated
- Experience in multi-site procurement across diverse sectors such Healthcare, Public Sector, Corporate Services and Pharmaceutical desirable