Donald Russell has a unique opportunity available for an Export Manager to join the team in London, HA1 1BD The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary.
Donald Russell is an Inverurie-based Royal Warrant holding butcher, committed to producing the highest quality meat possible. For forty years we have supplied some of the world’s best restaurants, and have grown into Britain’s leading mail order and online meat and premium food supplier, winning numerous awards for our products and service.
Are you a passionate foodie with a proven track record of sales experience and the ability to grow the business internationally through existing and new business network?
The primary role of the Export Manager is to identify and develop new business opportunities in overseas markets, Germany, Austria and Switzerland providing incremental growth to company turnover and profit.
What are the responsibilities of the Export Manager?
- Maintaining and developing new and existing customers through planned individual account management
- Maintaining and updating the company export strategy
- Gathering international market intelligence to identify and secure suitable business opportunities
- Identifying the most effective route to market for the company’s products and services
- Building strategic partnerships with suitable organisations
- Working within all agreed budgets
- Working with relevant internal departments to maintain and develop efficient export processes
- Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in Export activity and procedures
- Regular internal reporting of current state of market, new business activity and thorough long term forecasting
What skills do I need to have to become an Export Manager?
- Ability to speak German is essential and another language in one of the export markets would be desirable
- A proven ability to grow a business
- Strong new business development skills and an ability to demonstrate sound commercial judgement during periods of lone working
- Ability to demonstrate a sound food background and a real passion for food, “A Foodie”
- Excellent communication skills to interact successfully within your network
- Entrepreneurial, self‐motivated with strong problem‐solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to manage and achieve sales independently and proactively in a fast‐paced work environment.
- Cross-cultural awareness
- A team player
- The role is mainly office based in London although frequent overseas travel is a necessity as and when the job dictates.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join Britain’s leading mail order and online meat supplier as our Export Manager.