Multimedia Journalist (Trainee) South East
Multimedia Journalist Trainee (News)
South East - Locations - Kent, Guildford & Essex
£Competitive + benefits
We are currently seeking talented and enthusiastic Multimedia Trainee Journalists (News) in various South East locations to research, write and share high-quality, original news content.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc, with an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than 6,000 people across 60-plus locations around the country.
Trusted, relevant, reliable and essential on social, mobile, desktop and in print, our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands (the Chronicle, Journal and Sunday Sun in the North East, and the Daily Mirror nationally, to name just a few) provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
You'll have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification and will use it to generate exciting and engaging news items.
You will be responsible for owning and organising the publication of comprehensive and engaging news content, ensuring a high standard of coverage which makes our local titles the turn-to brand in its region.
What you'll be doing
In order to succeed in this role, you will:
- Provide authoritative, high-quality news content relating to the relevant area through exclusives, opinion, analysis, video, audio, blogging and social media, working to digital deadlines
- Tell stories through pictures, video, audio, live blogs and other interactive digital storytelling tools, using innovative storytelling techniques that grow audiences and reach
- Build a strong network of contacts within the local community.
- Engage with the local community on social media to source the stories they want to read, and to share published stories
- Use social media to spot and generate stories and identify relevant trending content
- Use analytics to inform content decisions, creating content around what's trending in local business
- Have a valid UK Driving Licence
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive salary and pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview).
The closing date for this role is 16th December, 2016
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.