We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Java Developer to join a growing, innovative company within the financial industry.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in the development of an online accounting solution and making it beautiful to use for micro businesses all over the world.
You'll be working closely with another Back End Java developer, a Front End developer and UI/UX designer to create a powerful, design-led and intuitive new web application. (A small team that will grow rapidly over the next two years).
- Develop software in an iterative cycle with a focus on architecture and design throughout
- The role will require you to redevelop the Back End functionality of an online accounting platform
- Create elegant, simple solutions to solve complex business problems
- Analyse and fix defects raised by test teams or customers
- Always be on the lookout for innovative solutions or technologies that could benefit our business
- A team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas
- Motivated by challenges and new opportunities - and able to work alone or in a small team
- Demonstrable experience of working on large highly-transactional, available and scalable business critical systems
- Able to mingle in discussion (technical, non-functional requirement, user experience)
Skills and experience:
- Java 8
- Various Client Server protocols (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON) and extensive API usage experience
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate
- Good understanding of software architecture
- Experience of source code control across multiple work streams (git)
- Knowledge of Linux based operating systems and command line interface tools
- Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Knowledge of general accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to work to challenging time-scales
- Use of debugging tools, ability to analyse stack traces, code, log-files and other artefacts
If you're a passionate, motivated and experienced Java Developer, looking to truly make a difference, this role would be a great fit for you! Apply now for further information.