BUSINESS ANALYST PLYMOUTH (RELOCATION AVAILABLE) - PERMANENT - MARKET LEADING SALARY
We are looking to appoint a passionate, experienced and driven professional to join the organisation as a Business Analyst.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government, Met Office) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries, Caledonian MacBrayne and Virgin Trains. Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work (we know, we've checked the logs)!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with external clients' stakeholders from all appropriate areas to clearly understand and where necessary document current business processes in order to define the nature of the business problem and the needs of the business. Document & communicate these effectively to relevant teams.
- Identify and understand the future needs of the business. Really understand the processes that make up the business, things that are set in stone and things that can be changed in order to find the right solutions and functionality.
- Analyse the business requirements, business rules, and constraints in order to identify the detailed requirements of the solution. The solution may be IT based and/or require a change in business process
- Actively ensure that the right level of modelling, collaboration, and documentation is achieved throughout the project.
- Understand and gather requirements of operational teams; documenting the requirements.
- Identify and define scope, producing scope documentation.
- Facilitate business workshops to drive out the requirements of the project - Producing the necessary documentation to commence design & development.
- Effective use of Business Analysis skills - producing cohesive functional requirements documents for business sign off.
- Manage the project team to achieve the targets set by each initiative, and support, inspire, influence and motivate.
- Implement effective governance, issue and risk management.
- Provide direction and guidance that allows project team members to develop clear definition of project activities and deliverables.
- Manage internal / external resource to ensure effective project delivery
WHO YOU ARE
- You have excellent presentation skills and the ability to / experience of interacting with senior and higher management
- You have the ability to juggle multiple projects, and are comfortable with travelling on a regular basis
- You are self-sufficient and self-starting with initiative and ability to think on your feet, but you're also a team player
WHAT'S IT LIKE TO WORK AT GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pensions and bonuses, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and support for personal development and fully funded professional training. View the full list of benefits here.
This post is based in Plymouth, UK. Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.