Sales and Estimating Consultant (Windows, Doors, Stairs, Floori
Sales and Estimating Consultant (Windows, Doors, Stairs, Flooring)
Location: Head Office, Southampton
Salary: Competitive Plus Benefits
Hours: 40 hours, 8am-5pm Monday - Friday
Start Date: ASAP
Our clients Sales Hub, based in their Southampton Head Office is responsible for the company's bulk deliveries, specialist products, and large contracts, and accounts for 20% of the company's sales.
Our client is now looking for an experienced person to join their Specialist Team in their very busy Sales Hub dealing with enquiries and orders for Joinery and Associated Products by maintaining existing sales and develop new business within this product category.
Sales and Estimating Consultant Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing support selling Joinery products.
- Sourcing Joinery products and negotiating prices with suppliers to quote competitively while maintaining an acceptable profit
- Dealing with customers over the phone and face to face from the initial enquiry stage
Following the sales process through from start to finish:
- Producing quotes
- Raising orders
- Contributing to the team effort; dealing with a wide variety of queries/requests etc that arise in the department
- Supporting our external sales team with their customers and where necessary taking on the role of their internal contact
Sales and Estimating Consultant Requirements:
- A good knowledge of the building process is preferable, but training in specific areas can be provided - this is an expanding Knowledge Team for the Company and working with Suppliers is extremely important - there is an extensive range of product training available
- This role does require good product knowledge regarding Joinery and related products
- Understanding customer drawings is an advantage as being able to recognize an opportunity to supply wider ranges of building materials than the initial enquiry is important
- Ability to work within a team and also work with our Branch network as there would be some involvement in stock ordering of some product ranges and passing orders to branches as appropriate
- Proactive attitude towards sales and be able to offer additional products
- Computer skills required and ability to competently use Microsoft Office, including spreadsheets would be beneficial
- Effective communication skills face to face and over the telephone
- Accurate, with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to understand profit, margins, etc.
Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to carry out this role then apply below today for the chance of an early interview!