Insurance Claims Handler
Travel/Tour Operator Claims Handler
12 month fixed term contract
£Competitive salary, plus other lifestyle benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Cunningham Lindsey specialises in the provision of claims management and loss adjusting services. Our people are as diverse as our products and services and as varied as our clients. We believe that individuals from different backgrounds encourage a challenging team environment, a creative approach to problem solving and an interesting working environment.
We now have an excellent opportunity for Travel/Tour Operator Claims Handler based in Birstall/Morley, Leeds.
As a Travel/Tour Operator Claims Handler you will deal primarily with Personal Injury claims involving claimants that have an accident or suffered illness whilst on their holiday abroad. In addition there are also a small number of Breach of Contract claims.
Dealing with the claim from cradle to grave you will be handling your own caseload and will have the confidence and ability to investigate the claim and assess liability, quantum and costs. You will pay attention to detail, be self-motivated and be able to work well within a service level driven environment without compromising technical ability.
You'll have experience in dealing with claims both written and verbally. You will also:
• Have experience in Personal Injury claims handling - Travel claims handling is desirable but not essential
• Be qualified to a minimum of A level standard, preferably working towards or with an interest in CILEx/ CILA
• Have initiative to report any sensitive contentious or very high value claims
• Be able to apply a thorough knowledge of current case law, statute etc
• An understanding of the FCA and how it relates to your role within the business
• Good keyboard skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• A team player
Cunningham Lindsey is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
Closing Date: 31st January 2017