Based in central Bristol, Salary ??85,000 - ??100,000
The company builds large-scale, bespoke, business-critical systems for some of the world's most high-profile organisations. The business is expanding and are in need of people with experience of application or solution architecture to join the team of passionate and talented developers, creating complex software solutions across demanding business sectors.
You will have a demonstrable passion for technology with experience of building enterprise systems, evaluating existing IT systems and advising on technology choices. You should be comfortable solving complex technical problems and presenting proposals to prospective clients.
You'll be surrounded by smart, highly-capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages the sharing of knowledge and experience. You'll be as passionate as we are about doing software engineering right, and ultimately delivering great solutions to our clients. Following an Agile approach with solid development practices, using a wide range of modern technologies depending on the requirements of each project, including C#, Java, Scala, Node, Angular, Knockout and React.
This is a hands on, client-facing role which combines deep technical knowledge with the ability to clearly communicate technical matters.
Desired experience and skills:
- A relevant university degree
- Strong commercial experience with enterprise-level systems
- Strong technical expertise in a range of technologies, including one or more of:
- C# and/or Java
- The ability to manage clients and advise on technology choices and system improvements
- The ability to build prototypes demonstrating technical choices
- Experience of helping people build and deliver high-quality applications by:
- evaluating IT systems
- overseeing application-level design decisions
- helping solve architecture-level problems
- Excellent communication skills
- A real passion and interest in technology
- Experience of using Agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- The ability to think on your feet
- A willingness to travel with occasional overnight stays required within the UK and abroad
- A deep knowledge in some technical area such as:
- Microsoft stack
- Java stack
- HTML5 development ecosystem
- Big data
- Enterprise integration patterns
- Service-oriented architecture
- Infrastructure setup and monitoring
For more information please contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.