Regional HR Consultant
Role Title: Regional HR Consultant
Reports to: HR Services Manager
Department: Employment Law & HR Services
Salary: £35,000 pa, increasing to £37,581.00 pro-rata per annum on successful completion of probationary period
Location: To cover Maidstone, Canterbury, Brighton and Tonbridge
We are looking for a customer focused star in HR. The successful candidate will have an understanding of how HR fundamentally impacts a business. This is a great opportunity for a talented individual to join a company with a first rate reputation and a friendly and supportive team environment.
As we continue to grow, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR and Employment Law professional to join our regional team.
This role will be based in and around the Maidstone, Canterbury, Tonbridge and Brighton areas, and will involve providing a bespoke and legally compliant HR/employment law administration system to our expanding client base, of which operate in a wide variety of industries. In addition, you will be expected to provide employment law advice and guidance for clients as appropriate to their contracted service with us.
You will be expected to cover a geographical area (detailed above) and because of a large amount of travel, you must live within the aforementioned area to be considered for the role.
Key Accountabilities and Key Activities:
* Initial contact with the client within defined timeframe
* Development of the client relationship
* Accurately identify client requirements to ensure needs and expectations are met
* Provide relevant, timely information to clients
* Preparation of Contracts of Employment and Employee Handbook (and any other documents provided as part of the Employment Law and HR Service)
* Installation of the client system either at client premises or by telephone
* Training clients on use of our's online systems
* Ongoing support to meet changing clients' needs and changes in legislation
* Meet productivity/performance targets set
* Any other duties as determined and directed by the HR Services Manager, which are deemed to be within the competence of the post-holder
* Organisation of client visits in an efficient and cost effective manner
* Effective utilisation of information technology made available
* Allocation of appropriate administration time to meet agreed KPIs
* Track progress of client documentation and take appropriate action to support clients and meet KPIs
* To attend all internal meetings and external conferences as appropriate
* Actively commit to self-development and utilise all learning resources available e.g. internet, CIPD
* Maintain a good working knowledge of employment law that is appropriate
* To undertake an out of hours employment law advice service on a rota basis
* To respond to client queries in a timely fashion as appropriate
* To support the Employment Law Team (advice service) during normal working hours as requested
* To support the BDMs in providing employment advice to potential clients to assist in securing new business
* Successful networking between members of the team
* Proactively support colleagues as dictated by changing workload demands
* To provide a positive and professional image of the personnel and employment law function to both internal and external customers
* To share relevant client information with other service deliverers
* To share skills and knowledge within the team
* To deliver training sessions for clients as appropriate
* Be aware of the scope of the company's Employment Law & HR Services and Health & Safety services and to identify any relevant additional service opportunities within the existing and prospect client groups
* Promote the services of the company and NBS to existing and potential clients, and where appropriate seek referrals for prospective clients, to pass to the sales teams
* Strong HR and Employment Law background and experience
* Appropriate professional qualifications
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Evidence of a commitment to CPD
* Strong organisational/time management skills
* Full UK driving licence
* Self-motivated and able to work with the minimum of supervision
We are far from your average service provider. Our colleagues bring their brilliant selves to work every day and we create an environment where they can shine. We are a nice bunch. We don't do office politics or "that's not my job". We listen, support and take ownership.
We have been proudly delivering valuable HR and Health and Safety services to SME's across the UK for over 20 years. Passionate about service, we're on a mission to revolutionise our colleague's and client's experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.
Working for us you will have access to 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off work, gym membership discount, healthcare, childcare vouchers, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, pension contributions and more.
It's a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun and professional, we want likeminded individuals who love to love their job (no 'mood hoovers' here thanks!) and want the Company to succeed.
So if our culture sounds like a good fit for you and you want to be part of our success story, then send us your details.