Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Quality Inspector who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding team based Darwen. They are offering the successful Quality Inspector a competitive salary of £26,000 - £32,000 per annum depending on experience.
Established for over 35 years, our client is now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies.
This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
Key Responsibilities as their Quality Inspector:
As Quality Inspector you will be responsible for final inspection of their large machining and fabrication products. Sustaining and improving the quality of manufacturing across the facility including:
- Dimensional and visual inspection on machined and fabricated products during and after the process
- Management of non-conformances in machining and fabrication (Supplier returns/ customer complaints/ internal issues)
- Customer and colleague interaction- team work
- Non-compliance resolution
- Maintaining Quality Documents
- Continuous improvement
The role of the Quality Inspector is key to the further development of the businesses operations. The role has responsibility over the company's quality processes / procedures which include:
- Ensuring every Contract has been finally inspected.
- Assisting with Continuous Improvement throughout the company against ISO9001 through spot audits on the product during machining and fabrication.
- Maintaining company's existing quality procedures.
- Working with / developing relationships with customers to ensure all Quality issues are resolved and corrective actions are implemented.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Quality Inspector:
- A Time Served Engineer ideally with Inspection and Quality qualifications/experience in large machining and fabrication.
- Highly motivated team player with a total understanding of right first time quality.
- Organised and efficient you will be able to prioritise workloads to ensure the production targets and customer delivery dates are achieved.
- To succeed you will be familiar with reading engineering drawings, Metrology devices, root cause analysis, Microsoft Office.
Quality Inspector hours of work: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Free car parking
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service award
- Company Pension
- Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Quality Inspector please click ‘Apply’ now!