Purchasing & Production Administrator (Sage Accounts Exp Ideal)
Our client is a busy and expanding local organisation who are seeking a Purchasing and Production Administrator with previous experience of Sage line 50
The successful candidate will be based as part of the production team reporting to the Works Manager and has a support responsibility to all Directors and Managers.
Purpose and Scope
- The Purchasing and Production Administrator is responsible for purchasing in accordance with company procedures, preparing quotes and processing of all small orders and clerical duties within the Production Office. On occasion there may be a requirement to assist colleagues with shipping of machines and service trips.
- Processing purchase orders and all related documentation related to spare parts and small order, monitoring delivery times, chasing suppliers as necessary and updating stock records using Sage 50 Accounts.
- Resolving all supplier issues/problems such as damaged goods, late delivery etc.
- Small Orders
- Prepare and issue all quotes relating to spare parts and small orders
- Process all sales orders relating to spare parts and small orders
- Communicate with agents and customers as necessary
- DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult catalogues or contact vendors to obtain price and availability information.
- Make vendor selections or suggestions.
- Arrange delivery schedules.
- Process all purchase orders and related documents using Sage
- Ensure that materials, equipment, and supplies are ordered and delivered in a timely manner.
- Verify order delivery (and process the return of any incorrect deliveries)
- Follow up suppliers to ensure adherence to delivery schedule.
- Verify prices with suppliers and amend purchase orders if necessary
- Process all sales orders (Small Orders) on Sage Manufacturing
- Small Orders
- Create spare parts proposals and send to customer by email or fax
- On approval from customer request purchase order and process small order through to production and order any non-stock items from suppliers
- On despatch organise courier documents and invoice customer
- Advise customer of despatch
- Process any supplier invoices for payment and pass to Finance
- Filing as necessary.
- Perform other clerical duties as advised.
- GCSE/A’Levels studied at school or college
- Office - Excel, Word and Outlook software.
- Sage Line 50 Accounts and Manufacturing
- The Works Manager can determine whether education and training are "equivalent" based on his/her experience.
- Previous Experience
- Two to four years in a similar role in a manufacturing environment of which at least two years should be in purchasing using Office and Sage software