Crisis Support Worker - Mental Health Charity
Our client is recruiting for a Crisis Support Worker to deliver their new Hertfordshire Crisis service.
Crisis Support Worker
Hertfordshire – Countywide
£17,000 including outer London weighting pro rata
32 hours per week – Job share may be considered
Purpose of post:
Working in partnership with Turning Point to deliver the Crisis Service. To work as a key member of the team in delivering the Hertfordshire Out of Hours Crisis Service called Nightlight. To support the line manager to meet the statutory requirements of the service specification and prepare for all internal and external service audits/ inspections.
The service will provide a sanctuary and safe haven for service users who are experiencing a crisis. You will create a warm, welcoming and homely environment which is somewhere for service users to relax and feel safe, where they can use the facilities and know that skilled and experienced staff are on hand to listen to them and offer support and advice if needed.
The service will offer a range of support to promote recovery and independence including:
- 1:1 or group support to work through the crisis, identifying causes, positive solutions and building coping strategies
- Practical coaching strategies to help service users cope with things such as anxiety, stress, panic attacks, voices, confusion, paranoia, suicidal thoughts, self-harm, abuse, depression, worrying thoughts and mood swings
- Advice, information and support to access help with finances, benefits and housing to improve the individual’s ability to live independently
- Effective onward referral and signposting to services that will meet their needs and reduce the likelihood of future crises
- A helpline to support service users who are experiencing mental health crisis
Bases are in Watford, Ware, Hemel Hempstead and Stevenage.
Closing date for applications: 2nd December 2016
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
An approved enhanced DBS check is required for this post
No agencies please.