Environmental Compliance Officer/Environmental Field Technician
Job Title: Environmental Field Technician
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: Mon - Thurs: 8.30am to 5pm
Fri - 8.30am to 4.30pm
Closing Date: 28th November 2016
Interview Date: 5th & 6th December 2016
There are many things that make them different as a company. It starts with their dedication and focus on supplying high quality drinking water, their empathy with their customers and commitment to always being effective, efficient and safe, and it's a driving force that shapes their attitude and approach.
The Environmental Field Technician provides direct input into the National Environment Programme (NEP), Water Resources and Catchment Management team's participating in a range of field work activities to support the company in meeting its regulatory obligations under the Water Framework Directive.
- Undertake field-based hydrological monitoring and raw water sampling from various locations across our communities.
- Collate and undertake quality assurance of data.
- Support delivery our NEP and Catchment Management programmes.
- Undertake basic equipment maintenance and calibration, as required.
- Undertake regular checks to ensure all fieldwork locations are safe and monitoring is conducted in a safe manner.
- Qualified to A Level (or equivalent) in Geography or a Science, with GCSE (or equivalent) Grades A-C in English, Maths and Science
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to work on their own as well as part of a team
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety procedures
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- Methodical worker, with good attention to detail
- Good map reading skills
- Good skills in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Appropriate knowledge of environmental issues associated with our activities
- Awareness of water quality and environmental standards
- Knowledge of ArcGIS applications
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Environmental Manager, Environmental Auditor, Environmental Coordinator, Environmental Compliance, Environmental Legislation, Environmental Regulations, Environment Regulator, Environmental Regulatory Compliance, Manufacturing Environmental Compliance, Hazardous Waste Disposal Management, Environmental Permits, Water Environmental Officer will also be considered for this role.