Coordinator in Plumbing and Gas - City and Guilds Teacher
Job Title: Coordinator in Plumbing and Gas
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4
Salary: £30,650 - £34,502 - Depending on experience + £3,000 market supplement
Position: Full Time 37 hours per week
42 days' holiday per year + bank holidays
The College is an FE college with a large, growing and successful curriculum. The successful candidate would be required to teach City and Guilds qualifications to L1, L2 and L3 full time courses, L2 part time evening and L2 & L3 apprentices. It's essential for the candidate to be Gas qualified alongside plumbing qualifications. It would be desirable for you to have an IQA qualification although this is not mandatory.
- Fully co-ordinate nominated courses or programmes as requested by the Head of Department*
- Co-ordinate and liaise with external awarding bodies and verifiers
- Represent the College at external marketing events
- Co-ordinate IV for the given subject area/s
- Carry out administration tasks relevant to co-ordination duties, including: interview planning and parent evening invitations.
- Attend course team meetings
- Be responsible for application and adherence to quality standards related to curriculum activities, including assessment planning and programme development.
- Lead and support colleagues in the development of full cost courses for industry.
- Ensure statistics for recruitment, attendance and achievement are accurately monitored for nominated programmes; work effectively with MIS/Exams and act upon information where necessary
- Complete course/programme related documentation relating to quality assurance and improvements - eg programme logs.
- Be aware of and follow College policies and procedures, with particular attention to health and safety, safeguarding, risk management, equality and diversity, quality and our values and behaviours. You will be required to attend training as necessary and update own CPD record.
(*Whilst a coordinator is usually assigned a subject or group of courses, the needs may change over time depending on enrolments. The college reserves the right to reallocate the coordinator to different courses or programmes as required.)
- You should have a strong commitment to high standards of classroom practice and experience of teaching, or working with young people.
- You should hold a Level 2 qualification in Plumbing/Gas and hold a recognised level 5 teaching qualification.
- You will have a genuine regard for young people and want to work with us to ensure that all our students aspire to do well.
- You will demonstrate and professional standards in your area of work.
- The ability to work in a team is essential, sharing good practice and working collaboratively with colleagues are qualities that we will be looking for.
Recruitment Shortlisting Criteria:
- Holds the minimum of Level 3 subject specialist qualification or higher when necessary to teach the subject area at the required level and,
- Hold recognised level 5 teaching qualification (Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training or equivalent)
- Experience of planning and data management in a teaching and learning environment
- Ability to work well with students of all backgrounds
- Ability to work both collaboratively with colleagues and on their own initiative
- A flexible and solution-focused approach to work
- Drive and passion to implement curriculum developments
Skills and Experience:
- Effective organisational skills (self and workload)
- Extensive knowledge of own subject area
- (in addition to teaching ability) effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with software needed in role
In consultation with the postholder it is liable to variation by the Principal to reflect or anticipate changes, in, or to, the post and the organisation. The job description gives an overview of the main responsibilities of the role. The daily job will also involve any other duties and responsibilities, express and implied, which arise from the nature and character of the post.
- 42 days' holiday per year + bank holidays
Closing Date: Friday 9th December
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience of; Lecturer in Plumbing and Gas, City and Guilds Teacher, College Tutor, Plumbing and Gas Lecturer, Education Lead, Lecturer, Academic Lead, College Tutor, City and Guilds Teacher, Installation Tutor, Assessor, Teacher, Electrician, L2 Apprentices, L3 Apprentices will also be considered for this role.