Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant / Credit Controller
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Job Type: Temporary Maternity Cover - 6 months with a view to being extended to 12
Our client provides solutions for document and print management hardware, software, IT consulting on-premise IT infrastructure and cloud based services.
The role is to work alongside an established team to provide support in Credit Control, Accounts Payable and Direct Debits processing of the company's Administration Department.
This role is temporary covering for maternity leave.
- Building and maintaining close links with all customers, to ensure smooth running of accounts and encourage timely recovery of payments.
- Contacting customers when payment is overdue, asking them to settle their account and explaining the terms of their credit.
- Effectively dealing with customer account queries/complaints, including liaising with other departments, to ensure they are brought to a satisfactory conclusion. To ensure all customer queries are logged and recorded on the Credit Control system.
- Negotiating, getting approval and setting up re-payment plans.
- Checking customer's credit ratings using a specialised database, including setting up and monitoring of new sales ledger accounts.
- Following the company's default process and sending cases to the company's appointed solicitors.
- Logging judgements with the small claims court.
- Monthly reports (disputed transactions, unallocated cash and aged debtors)
- Participate in monthly credit control meetings
- Processing of high volume invoices, ensuring supplier invoices are accurately input, appropriately authorised and coded using correct cost centres and expense codes and matched in a timely and efficient manner, working within strict deadlines.
- Supplier statement reconciliations, investigating and resolving queries.
- Preparation of supplier payment proposals
- New supplier account creation
- Communicating and resolving supplier queries or disputes efficiently and effectively.
- Planning all monthly pulls making sure all Direct Debit customers have their Direct Debit taken on the correct date.
- Ensuring all the Direct Debits are set up daily and are correct both internally and with their Bank.
- Liaising with the admin team to resolve any issues relating to the Direct Debit queries.
- Working closely with the admin team to help improve the Direct Debit process.
- Maximising the opportunities and capabilities of the current system and initiating any improvements.
- Prior experience of working in a busy accounts department and mainly in Credit Control is essential and ideally experience of Direct Debits and Accounts Payable.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Number skills and the ability to explain financial matters clearly.
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
- Ability to demonstrate a methodical, organised and flexible approach to work.
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations.
- Proactive approach
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
NOTE: Due to the immediate start of this role our clients are only accepting candidates who reside in the UK. Please only apply for the role if you reside in the UK - Thank you.
Candidates with experience of; Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Purchase Ledger, Invoice Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Payroll, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator will also be considered for this role.