Care Coordinator / Supervisor
Care Coordinator / Supervisor
Kingston Upon Thames
We are delighted to be recruiting 2 experienced Care Coordinator / Supervisors to report to Divine Motions AcaCare Ltd manager, is responsible for the assessment, planning, care staff monitoring, recruiting, training and delivery of care to the highest standards to Divine Motions AcaCare Ltd.’s Service Users.
Care Coordinator / Supervisor Profile:
- Must be a driver with own vehicle and suitable for the job role.
- Must be able a good communicator, firm and friendly and fit for work.
- Must be able to demonstrate good IT skills and able to use systems (software ) to deliver services
- Must be able to work under pressure and demonstrating common-sense of problem solving e.g. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage risks of missed calls and develop a rota which will save realistic implementation.
- Must be able to source, recruit care assistant who drive own cars, train employees when needed on emergency.
- Must be able to be productive showing good performance in office based and field based task environments including covering calls in case of emergency.
- Must demonstrate high skills and Knowledge to develop, implement making sure that all calls are covered as appropriate
- Be flexible to carry out duties to locations to meet the company’s business needs
Care Coordinator / Supervisor Key Personal Responsibilities:
- Carrying out duties at all times in a manner consistent with the code of conduct issued by the General Social Care Council and which specifically protects and promotes the independence, dignity and respect of the Service User;
- Carrying out duties at all times in a manner which has appropriate regard to the health, safety and welfare of both themselves and others and reports to the Service User, agency manager (or other competent person) any equipment that is, or is thought to be, not in good working order;
- Working with, and communicating information about the condition (or change in condition) and welfare of Service Users to relatives and carers, other agencies and professionals, such as District Nurses, GP’s, involved in the care process, in a responsive, timely and appropriate fashion;
- Respecting the beliefs and dignity of the Service Users and their relatives at all times;
- Being conversant with agency policies, e.g. health and safety, administration of medicines, confidentiality etc;
- Reporting any complaints, accidents, problems or untoward occurrences to a competent person;
- Participation in ongoing staff training, including QCF in Care, health and safety, manual handling, etc.
- Care supervisor / coordinator need to be compassionate and self-assured, and have the knowledge and ability to model good practice whilst being prepared to challenge poor performance. You will regularly monitor the quality of service that your team of care workers provide and take action to make improvements if necessary.
- Care workers work over the weekend or evenings so care supervisors/coordinators must be able to work flexibly. You will need to be able to travel between customers’ homes by providing your own transport.
- Create and agree a written individually tailored plan of care and support that respects the customer’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks. Keep care and support plans up to date.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visits Service Users in their homes and undertakes a comprehensive needs assessment relative to the services Divine Motions AcaCare Ltd provides (for self-paying and non-referred Service Users).
- Identifies any specialist requirements and liaises with appropriate persons to establish the competence of Divine Motions AcaCare Ltd to provide such services.
- Where necessary requests or arranges for additional training to be provided for care workers, prior to the commencement of service delivery.
Health and safety risk assessment:
- Carries out a detailed risk assessment in relation to the Service User’s home, and the safety/welfare of both the Service User and the care worker within it.
- Identifies any special hazards, and recommends actions to be taken to minimise/reduce/eliminate any risks identified.
- Assesses the delivery of care, and any special risks to the care workers(s) assigned to the Service User. Areas of interest include manual handling, infection control, administration of medicines, slips, trips and falls etc.
- Seeks agreement with the Service User on required actions and safe working systems prior to implementation.
If you would like to be considered for this Care Coordinator / Supervisor position then please click ‘APPLY’ below.
This role may be commutable from: Kingston, Wimbledon, Surrey : Croydon, Ewell , Epsom , Banstead ,Mole valley, Wandsworth Merton, Sutton, Croydon, Hounslow , Richmond : TW10, TW11, TW12,
View the original job article on Hiredonline