Hardware/Electrical Design Engineer (battery design)
Lead Electrical Engineer/Electrical Design Engineer/Hardware Design Engineer (battery system design) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 2 month contract, to be based in Bracknell, Berkshire. The successful applicant will have recent and extensive battery system design for consumer electronics and will have worked as a Hardware Design Engineer
Responsibilities and Skills
- Extensive and recent experience in battery system design for consumer electronics and will have worked as a Hardware Design Engineer
- Experience in battery system design, validation and factory test
- Experience with free form polymer battery design
- In depth understanding of certification requirements of battery systems
- Strong proven ability in electronic design with a broad range of analogue and digital electronics design experience
- Experience of planning and managing a project team
- The ability to accurately plan the electronics development portion of projects, estimating development costs and timescales as well as final product costs
- The ability to operate well under time deadlines and within budget
- Ownership of requirement setting for the design and implementation of power, battery and charging systems for our client's solutions.
- Rail experience desirable.
- Define and document power system architecture, specifications, support vendor selection; design and test circuits and firmware interfaces for static power systems.
- Electrical characterisation, validation and test for power systems
- Develop specifications and test documents for electronic aspect of charging solutions and associated battery products
- Develop architectural designs, including hardware/software partitioning
- Undertake design feasibility studies and investigations, identifying and evaluating new technologies
- Develop circuit schematic designs in relation to the associated charging solution, and then manage and oversee the generation of PCB designs
- Manage prototype manufacture, testing, design refinements, then manufacturing liaison
- Contribute to planning projects, defining tasks, and estimating their duration and work content
- Manage the electronics work packages in projects, monitoring and controlling performance against deadlines and budgets
- Potentially work on multiple projects at the same time
- Written reports, quotations and other documents will need to be produced accurately and in a well-written and well-presented form
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly GBP2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part time status.
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.