Home Care Assistant Job in Bristol - Complex Needs Client
We are looking for enthusiastic and genuinely caring people to join our Complex Care at Home team working flexible shifts for our clients in and around Bristol. We have a range of shifts including days, nights and weekends or a combination of these. You should be willing to work at least every other weekend within this role due to our clients requiring full time support.
We provide care for people living with long term conditions such as muscle degeneration, spinal injury and cerebral palsy who need support to stay in their own home. Our person-centred approach means that every client receives a personalised care plan delivered by our team of experienced home carers, healthcare assistants and nurses.
We are looking for an experienced Home Carer or Healthcare Assistant who:
- Is committed to the caring profession
- Is reliable and dependable
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has good record keeping skills
- Is able to work autonomously
- Is committed to professional development
- Has access to their own vehicle (desirable)
You will be an integral part of supporting the wellbeing of our client and enabling them to get the most out of their daily life. You will have access to comprehensive training and 24-hour support to ensure you continue to grow and develop your skills. It’s important that you work in a sensitive and professional manner with both our client and their family group.
Our ideal team member will have experience in aspects of care such as PEG care, tracheostomy, CPAP, cough assist, ventilation, first aid, lone working, moving and handling, medication administration and personal care; full training is available for more complex cases - i.e. those requiring ventilation/tracheostomy.
Within this role, we can offer you:
- Up to £12.86/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Client-specific induction and shadow shift if required
- Ongoing training and development available FREE through our work credits scheme
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Upon joining, you’ll receive a full in-house induction as well as an introduction to the client you will be supporting, their needs and care plan. You’ll receive any training necessary to top up your skills, including a shadow shift if required.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to have:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.