Trainee Insurance Claims Handler / Claims Negotiator - Motor
Job title: Trainee Insurance Claims Handler
Salary: Starting Salary; £15,000 increasing throughout probation and training
The Role: Permanent, Full Time
The company is a successful UK based insurer selling car insurance primarily through brokers but also directly to the public through the Insure 2 Drive, Go Girl and Drive Smart brands.
They operate solely in non-standard, non-comprehensive, private motor insurance.
As a member of the Claims team you will be trained to investigate, negotiate and settle claims over a 3 year milestone training period.
A performance review including a salary increase is given every 3 months for the first 2 years and then every 6 months of the final milestone year. The increase is around £400 - £500 each time. Also, after successful 3 month probation the salary will increase to £16k pa, and at this time the first milestone review will be given with a milestone increase.
After the initial training has been completed (approx. 3 - 6 months) you will take responsibility for own case load including fire, theft, windscreen claims and eventually some non-serious personal injury, dealing with solicitors, insurance brokers, loss adjusters and direct contact with customers and third parties.
- Ensure that allocated claims are fully investigated.
- Act as the key contact for specific customers/brokers.
- Communicate with policyholders, solicitors and others by telephone and in writing.
- Identify opportunities to make recoveries and follow the recovery through.
- Maintain accurate estimates on outstanding claims so the appropriate reserve can be made for each claim.
- Work within the team to ensure that all claims are settled within appropriate time scales.
- Work flexibly within the team, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest to enhance overall team performance.
- 5 GCSE passes or equivalent (grades A-C) including English and Mathematics.
- Experience of working in an office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Holiday entitlement is 22 days per year rising every other year by 1 day and capped at 25 days (pro rata for new joiners and part-time employees).
- Normal working hours are 35 hours per week to be worked 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
- Up to 8% bonus of basic salary based on individual performance.
- Pay reviews on 1st April each year.
- Group pension plan post probation matching up to 5% of salary payments.
- Overtime payments at 150% of the basic salary rate.
- Death in Service
- Season Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Flu Vaccinations
- Social Events
Please be aware; due to the nature of this role, candidates will need to be within a 45 minute/20 mile commute from the Dorking office to be considered for his role. The company will not be providing relocation packages or sponsorship for candidates.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Insurance Claims Handler, Claim Handler, Customer Claims Executive, Claims Account Manager, Trainee Claims Handler, Junior Claims Handler, Claims Customer Service, Insurance Claims, Fraudulent Claims Handler, Insurance Fraud, Fraud Claims Handler, Motor Claims Handler, Personal Injury Claims Handler, Case Handler, Claims Assistant, Legal Claims Handler, Customer Claims Handler, Claims Technician will also be considered for this role.