Pupil Support Assistant Level 3 (FIF05563)
Contract Type: Temporary until Thursday 29 June 2017
Work Pattern: 15 hours per week, 7.5 hours Monday and Tuesday
Interview Date: Week Commencing Monday 7 November 2016
Supervised by a member of the school’s management team the post holder will assist teaching staff in supporting pupils with significant learning needs to access the curriculum and to promote inclusion and accessibility to the school experience for pupils by providing tuition and support. The Pupil Support Assistant 3 will also provide support to pupils with associated health and care needs.
Fife Council pays the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate to employees earning less than £8.33 per hour. If the hourly rate of pay for the post is less than the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate a supplement will be paid.
• SVQ Level 3 Social Services Children and Young People including Unit H5N0 04 Work with Children and Young People with additional requirements to address their development needs or HNC Early Education and Childcare including Units DF54 34 Understand and Supporting Children’s Behaviour & DF55 34 Children and Young People with Additional Support Needs or equivalent e.g. HNC Additional Support Needs, Bilingual, Alternative/Augmentative Communication.
• An understanding of child development skills to deal with pupils’ learning and social, emotional and behavioural needs.
• Ability to register with SSSC within 6 months of taking up employment in this role (Early Learning Centres/Primary and Special schools only) and must complete the required Post Registration Training and Learning (PRTL) over the registration period
• Basic IT Skills.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.
As a Pupil Support Assistant 3 , you will be responsible for:
• Supporting pupils/children individually or in small groups in planned curricular activities and in the case of teacher absence, continuing to implement the planned learning programme for a short period (up to and including 3 days).
• Contributing to a stimulating learning environment and programme by supporting the work of the teacher and assisting in the timetabling and organisation.
• Contributing to preparing, planning, target setting, and reporting procedures for individual pupil plan and Child’s Plan as appropriate.
• Liaising with parents/carers and partner agencies and contribute to the overall ethos of the school.
• Contribute towards risk assessments associated with school activities.
• Using specialist equipment to enable pupils with severe physical impairment to access Information Communication Technology (ICT) and being familiar with specific technologies for each subject.
You will have ability to demonstrate tact, sensitivity and patience within this role and will have the ability to offer support in a sensitive way while maintaining confidentiality and a professional approach. Being familiar with specific technologies for each subject (e.g. computers, flashcards, number lines) along with problem solving and communication skills are essential for this post.
In Fife Council How We Work Matters and you will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all Council employees:
• Take ownership
• Focus on customers
• Work together
• Embrace technology & information
• Deliver results
Contact Details: email@example.com or call 01334 659448
Education & Children's Services Directorate Information.docx
RR82 TandCs March 2015.doc
G031 01 Pupil Support Assistant 3.pdf