Software Modeller Graduate Engineer 3125
We currently have permanent vacancies for Software Modeller Graduate Engineers in our Whiteley Office who must have Security Clearance (either current or be able to attain). We are looking for entry-level engineers who are willing to learn how to design complex systems within a Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) environment.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
Leidos will deliver system integration and test expertise in support of a major integration programme which will aid the customer in achieving a sequence of significant deployments to underpin their wider business transformation. Utilising their comprehensive understanding of various test strategies and methodologies and implementation experience, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the definition of strategy for integration and test activities for sub-systems and/or systems (bespoke, third party and COTS), for helping to tailor industry standard test methodologies to adhere to the standard processes, writing acceptance criteria for sub-system and/or system level requirements and execution of actual testing across a variety of technologies.
The successful candidate will have a number of responsibilities which will include:
- Use the MBSE approach to describe the complex integrated systems (system of systems) for our solution
- Collaboration with Service Group (SG) leads to define the platform use cases/scenarios and platform sequence steps
- Understand the functional design and work with engineering leads to ensure accurate description of the design
- Convert of sequence steps into UML sequence diagrams to demonstrate how the SGs collaborate together to realise platform use cases/scenarios
- Propose groupings of methods to form logical service interfaces and work with SG Lead to create service elements and services to use the service interfaces.
- Provide traceability along the system's entire lifecycle
- Produce communication and service contract interaction diagrams
- Maintain data dictionary for messages identified on sequence diagrams and collaborate with SG lead to either decompose these messages into fully specified ICD for new messages or identify existing IOCD that can be linked to messages
Leidos strives to be a recognized global leader in solving important problems in national, security, health and infrastructure. What you do, where you work, and who's on your team are important. After all, you spend a lot of your time and energy at work. Leidos employees are smart people focused on solving the world's most-daunting challenges. The work requires insight, ingenuity, and commitment to the field.
- Must have UML/SysML knowledge
- Familiar with enterprise integrated architecture tools
- Understanding of the ITIL framework
- Ability to perform within a multi-functional programme team comprising both Leidos and customer staff
- Proactive with a 'can do' attitude
- Knowledge of and exposure to the MEGA Enterprise Architecture framework or other modelling tools
- Experience working with service oriented architectures
- Experience working with virtualised products/services/solutions
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below.
Our company headquarters is located in Reston, Virginia. Outside of the United States, we operate in 30 countries around the world with more than 2,000 employees in global locations. Our largest concentrations are in Australia and the United Kingdom where we continue to expand our local footprint.