Systems Engineer 3027
We are looking to recruit Systems Engineers for our Whiteley Office to deliver Systems Engineering\ Requirements Engineering expertise to develop up Systems of Systems level requirements specifications, scenarios and Use Cases in support of a major integration programme which will aid the customer in achieving a sequence of significant deployments to underpin their wider business transformation.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The successful candidates will be responsible for defining and elaborating system and sub-system requirements and some familiarity with Air Traffic Management (ATM) would be advantageous.
The key activities will be:
- Responsible for engaging with Operational, Business, Assurance, Legislative and Regulative stakeholders and information sources to elicit requirements for each Deployment
- Responsible for analysing non-functional sources of information to elicit all appropriate non-functional requirements including Performance, Capacity, Failure/Faults/Fall-backs, Resiliency, Security, Safety, Transition
- Perform requirement analysis activities based on elicited requirements and operational scenarios and use cases to develop up a requirement specification for each Deployment point
- Generate scenarios to describe how ATC Capabilities are used to deliver the Operational Services
- Generate Use Cases to demonstrate how the Technical Platform Operates to provide the ATC Capabilities
- Generate requirements specifications in DOORS, and functional scenarios in the MEGA modelling tool
- Generate Acceptance Criteria for all specified requirements
Leidos strives to be a recognized global leader in solving important problems in national, security, health and infrastructure. What you do, where you work, and who's on your team are important. After all, you spend a lot of your time and energy at work. Leidos employees are smart people focused on solving the world's most-daunting challenges. The work requires insight, ingenuity, and commitment to the field.
Candidates must have experience and knowledge of current technologies and methodology, and hands-on experience in the following:
- Experience of generating specifications based around SOA/ITIL/Service Management methodologies
- Experience of defining and evolving requirements elicitation and management processes
- Experience of defining requirements specification for parallel development systems of systems level programmes
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience of using a system modelling tool (e.g. MEGA, Enterprise Architect)
- Operational and system knowledge of ATM systems an advantage
- Experience of sprint based requirements generation an advantage
- Excellent internal/external customer and supplier relationship management skills
- Proactive with a 'can do' attitude
- Experience of working successfully in dynamic and demanding working environments
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below.
Our company headquarters is located in Reston, Virginia. Outside of the United States, we operate in 30 countries around the world with more than 2,000 employees in global locations. Our largest concentrations are in Australia and the United Kingdom where we continue to expand our local footprint.