Support Worker (Varied Disabilities)
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding career as a Support Worker in Settle and surrounding areas but do not have any experience, then we can provide full training and the opportunity to progress into more Senior and sometimes managerial roles. You just need to have the right values, attitude and approach.
We specialise in supporting adults with a learning difficulty to live rich and fulfilled lives. Our role as a support worker is to encourage them to be who they want to be and remove the barriers.
What is the role of a Support Worker?
As a Support Worker you will listen to the things that bother our individuals, listen to what they want to do, how they want to live, what they want to achieve, what works for them/what doesn't work for them. Your approach will be individual to the person you are supporting, their goals, their dreams and their aspirations. Then you will give them all the encouragement, motivation and support they need to achieve those goals. At no point would you do things for them but your role as a Support Worker is to empower them to be able to do these things independently. This could include:
• Supporting in all aspects of daily life to be able to integrate into the community
• Attend to their physical and emotional needs
• Involve them in all the decisions and choices that affect them
• Help them retain the highest level of independence as possible
• Supporting them to attend college, go to the gym, attend clubs, go shopping, go to a football match… it could be anything
What is the salary and the hours?
You do need to be flexible and be able to work a variety of shifts including sleepovers, days, evenings and weekends.
£7.00 per hour for under 25 years old. Sleepovers £54.95 per night
£7.20 per hour for over 25 years old. Sleepovers £59.45 per night
Full Training Provided.
Permanent Positions full Time (40 Hours per week) or part-time (20 Hours per week) or bank work available.
What experience do I need to be a Support Worker?
• No experience is necessary as full training is provided.
• The desire to make a difference to someone's life.
• An excellent role model with patience and understanding.
• Having a hobby yourself or an interest that you could share with the person you support could also be an advantage.
• A driving licence is ideal but not essential
If you are interested in applying for this position or you would like to hear more about the vacancy please click on apply. If you meet the above criteria one of our consultants will contact you and give you further information about the position. We always treat applications in the strictest of confidence.