Learning Disabilities Support Worker Vacancy in Exmouth
We have several flexible vacancies for Support Workers and/or experienced Care Assistants to work with adults and children with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour & physical disabilities in the Exmouth area through our friendly Exeter branch.
For a limited time, we are also offering a free uniform & DBS check with this role!
If you are a professional, dedicated and enthusiastic carer that can offer commitment to deliver the highest standards of care to our clients, we can offer you flexible working hours to suit your availability. We have a range of shifts available, including days, nights and weekends or a combination of these, presenting the perfect opportunity to work around your home life.
The Caring Role:
Working in this varied and rewarding role, you will be responsible for supporting clients with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and/or challenging behaviour with their day-to-day living, ensuring each service user receives an excellent standard of care that meets their personal care plan. You will play an essential role in enabling each individual to live fulfilling lives, partaking in their favourite activities and interacting with their friends, families and local communities.
You will uphold the Newcross Philosophy of Care in all that you do, empowering each individual in your care and ensuring they can live their life the way they choose. Previous experience in a similar role and the ability to work well under pressure is essential for this role.
Working as a Support Worker / Care Assistant, we can offer you:
- Salary of up to £13.27/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free training through credits earned as you work
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform (For a limited time only!)
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslip
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support team
We take pride in the quality of our care, so we’re looking for experienced individuals with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to have:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant or support worker job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.