Senior Care Assistant Job in Okehampton - Free Uniform & DBS!
We have several flexible vacancies available for Senior Care Assistants to work in sheltered housing and supported living environments in and around the Okehampton area through our friendly Exeter branch.
For a limited time, we are offering a free uniform & DBS check when you join our team!
We have a range of shifts available, including days, nights and weekends or a combination of these, presenting the opportunity to work around your home life.
Our person centred service is designed to enable the service users to interact with their families and also the local community, enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives. A conscientious and dedicated approach to personalised care makes an incredible difference to all service users, which is why we are looking to employ the best people, to develop the best skills.
Benefits of working as a Newcross Senior Care Assistant:
- Salary of up to £14.60/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hour contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free training through credits earned as you work
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform (For a limited time only!)
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslip
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support team
We take pride in the quality of our care, so we’re looking for experienced individuals with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
To apply for this position you will need the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- NVQ2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.