Part time: 17 hours 30 minutes per week
Location: Sighthill Campus
Temporary to 13 June 2017
Salary: Band E £22,145 - £23,824 pro rata (appointment is usually made at the first point in the salary scale)
We require a resourceful and committed individual to join our Photography Team to fulfil the role of Technician. The purpose of the role is to:
- Provide technical/production support to staff and students in a variety of environments.
- Manage/maintain Studio acquisition /post production equipment resources.
- Maintain and arranging studio/lighting.
- Assist in the management of a consumables budget.
- Assist in an equipment store and booking system.
- Repairing/maintaining College Photographic equipment.
- Assisting with the production of stock images for the College
- Manage in house digital printing service and cutting Mounts/Framing of images.
The primary function of the Technician is to support the work of Lecturers in ensuring that learners receive high quality support and their individual requirements are met. Technicians need to ensure that the learning environment, including materials and equipment, is effectively maintained.
The successful applicant will be education to an HND or equivalent in photography, be occupationally competent within photography field and possess a strong knowledge and understanding of the photography industry.
Additionally, you must have the ability to communicate, relate well to staff and students to work effectively in a team and previous experience of training or educational environments would be advantageous.
The successful candidate may be required to work at any Edinburgh College campus.
Closing date: Sunday 30 October 2016
JD Technician Photography.doc
Person Specification Technician Photography.docx
c) Terms and Conditions of Service - support staff - updated 11.2.16.docx