My client is looking for a dedicated front- end developer to help them build the next version of the very best collaborative learning platform for the fashion industry.
Who we are, and the task
My client is an online talent network and fashion school. Our aim is to train and build a network of the most talented, passionate and committed professionals in the fashion industry. It's never been done before, and they are doing it right now.
They offer online programs taught by the cream of fashion industry talent living legends in their field such as make up artist Val Garland and photographer Nick Knight. Creative professionals all over the world are using our unique platform to learn, connect and grow a living from their passions.
Right now, they're taking the lessons learned from our successful and oversold debut programs and applying the learnings to make the next phase even better. We need some polish from a dedicated Front End developer to support the product team of designers and engineers to deliver it.
You'll be working within the Platform team. The Platform team consists of the Product team and Engineering team. It cuts through layers of management and helps everyone to pull in the same direction. It's an open environment where you can learn from your peers. We use Agile methodologies, but we're not doctrinaire Agile evangelists. They use SCRUM principles like weekly planning and retrospectives. We work in a bright, open plan studio in London.
What we need:
- A mid senior weight Front End developer to implement designs for our online platform and marketing site
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in CSS, HTML, Sass, Haml, with a focus on mobile first development principles
- An eye for design detail and interaction design, experience working collaboratively with UI and UX designers, and familiarity with pulling design assets from Sketch and Adobe creative suite
- Strong background in working with Git and GitHub pull requests
- Comfortable with agile methodologies and a fast moving startup environment
- Developing the Front End interface of our online collaborative learning platform, with a focus on user experience and speed/performance
- Implementing slick, beautifully designed, cross device pages for our marketing site
- Bringing ideas and opinions about Front End and interaction design decisions
- Making decisions about code architecture
- Contributing to code reviews and implementing coding style guides
In return the salary will be between GBP65,000 - GBP70,000 (Depending on experience)
If you are interested in this role or would like to know more about the position please apply for immediate consideration.